May 25, 2011

Letters to Lois: Maylee Thatch

Dear Lois,

Dawn broke at Hora, dewy and quiet. I took my time this morning, sitting on a log, just ruminating among the pines, listening to music and losing myself. The path from Hora to Maylee, curved its way through forest patches along a tiny lake, where we spotted out first patch of snow.

We all stuck out walking sticks into that little patch, triumphantly like cruel children, marring the pristine beauty of that patch of snow. Maylee Thatch is about 10,500 ft and the cold was beginning to tell even as we sweated in the trek. The beauty of most of these walks were the solitude and once in a while that little patch of sunlight to call your own.

I sat around the forest much, mostly alone and wondered how fiercely protective I was about my solitude and then just like that I let go and welcomed company. These are the moments when you make the most precious of human connections, unmarred by creed, beliefs, disposition and far removed from the rational parameters we usually apply. These are times when I air my insecurities unbridled and almost always hear an echo back, and in that fleeting moment, just for that instant form something beautiful and deeper than pure recognition.

6 comments:

shilpzz said...

Hey Adi..this is so immersing..I loved the last para absolutely..more so cos i completley identify with the feelings in there and mainly cos i ve known and seen u like that..embracing solitude with almost envious bliss :D .. touche.!

Vivek said...

Don't mind but you were mentioning a movie... some romantic one. What was that?

nurul said...

www.cv-latifah.com

nurul said...

Haji dan Umrah

nurul said...

Haji dan Umrah

Anyesha said...

That convent handwriting is still the same!